- Barnyard millet flour : 1 cup
- Rice flour : 1 cup
- Russet potato: 1 medium size
- Butter :1/3 cup
- Red chilli Powder : 2 tbs
- White sesame seeds : 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- Salt: as per the taste
- Hing: 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the potato in a pressure cooker by adding little water for three whistles .
- Peel the skin of the cooked potato and keep it aside .
- In a mixing bowl take barnyard millet flour and rice flour and add all the dry ingredients.
- Put the cooked potato into the flour mixture and try to mash it using your fingers ,for this dough mixing we need not use water at all ,cooked potato leaves out good amount of moisture that helps for binding the flour.
- Meanwhile put a deep frying pan with the required amount of oil on the stove top and switch on the flame.
- Use the murukku mould ,and put the murukku mixture into it ,when the oil is ready to cook , start to press it ,over the top of oil and make strings.
- Wait until oil bubbles are disappeared ,then take out the cooked strings and put on the paper towel to take away the extra oil.