Recipe Category: Snack
- Foxtail Millet Rava: 21/4 Cup
- Roasted Channa Dal: 4 tbs
- Urad Dal : 4 tbs
- White Sesame Seeds : 3 tbs
- Butter :1/2 stick (melted)
- Hing :1/2 tsp
- Salt : as required
- Oil for frying
- Water for mixing
- Soak the Foxtail Millet Rava for ½ an hour
- Drain the water and spread them on a cloth to drain excess water
- After 15 or 20 mins pulverize the millet.
- Dry roast the urad dal to light golden brown and leave it to cool down
- Pulverize the roasted chana dal and urad dal
- Mix all the flour then add the salt, hing, sesame seeds and melted butter.
- Add required amount of water to make into dough consistency.
- Make small balls out of it
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan and fry the balls in batches (sometimes the balls may crackle so be cautious)
- Once the balls are cooked to light brown color, remove them from the oil.